Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12-12-12

Well, I did some last minute 12-12-12 planning.  I'm taking a break from my regularly scheduled plans-and bringing you these last minute freebies!


Reading/LA----(We will also be doing the daily 5 in 12 minute increments)  ;)
Students are going to search books to find 12 nouns, 12 verbs and 12 adjectives and write a sentence using one from each list.


 Students are going to write 12 short a, 12 short e, 12 short i, 12 short o, and 12 short u words and will draw a picture of their 2 favorite words for each.


Writing---
Students will write their 12 year-old self a letter.
They will also complete a little memory of the day.  I will save these to hand them in 6 years (not all will be 12 then, but it'll be easier to just hand them all back at the same time). 


Math---
Students will decorate a tree using ornaments to write facts that equal 12.  I'm not going to care what kind they find.  They can all be addition.  Some will try some challenging subtraction.  (I have 2 different pages in the packet---the first one has the ornaments already on the tree;  The second has it separate.  If you can, enlarge the tree for those little guys)


Computers---We will read the 12 days of Christmas and will use KidPix to type the numbers 1-12.  Under each number, they will stamp that number of items!  Easy Peasy!  (no pics for this)  This can easily be your read aloud activity for the day and they can illustrate the numbers, etc.

OH-and I'm setting the alarm for 12:12 and we will have a 12 second cheer for 12-12-12!  :P


Happy 12-12-12!  Click {HERE} to grab yourself the complete packet for FREE!  Don't forget, if you are not a follower already, click the follow me button so you don't miss out on other freebies (and with the way this year is going, it might be last minute again, and I might not have time to post it elsewhere...)  ;)

11 comments :

  1. Great activities for 12-12-12!
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Thank you so much! I am definitely a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...Thanks so much for sharing!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I am glad someone is being creative for me today :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove - thanks so much for the great time saver and FAB ideas!
    Growing Firsties is having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You just saved me so much time. Thank you for sharing your creative, fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the 12-12-12 fun! I loved seeing 4th graders read so diligently to find those nouns/verbs/adjectives!

    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...