Hadar, Teri, and April are hosting a Summer Bucket List Linky! What fun! We still have 20 days... but it is certainly going fast!
Here's a few things I'd LOVE to accomplish or find for the classroom this summer:
Find this storage thing to create this! (and figure out what will go in each) :)
Reorganize my book shelf of read alouds to look more like this, but with my seasons/months/themes organization that I have them in.... It needs better dividers like in the picture! :) (and of course, maybe throw some cutesy owls on there!!)
Create these! ;)
I need to mentally prepare for school next year since our LA curriculum will now match the Common Core----and not to mention we will be getting another new math program-that matches the CCSS nicely. And I think I am presenting (with my partner in crime) about the revised pacing and the new math program at an inservice in August before school starts?!
And for the home summer bucket list......
1. Use the 2 weeks I have off (before we leave) to PLAN PLAN PLAN our trip to:
(That my kids don't even know about yet!!! and might not know till we head to the airport!!!! And who am I kidding?! I already have it all planned out---for the most part. Dinners, parks... We went last year at that time and I had planned quite well, being that it was close to a holiday week-we waited no longer than 10 minutes for any ride!!! But-that's a lot of pressure for a repeat trip---on our own this time! But, I do need to pack, which takes quite the planning...)
2. Enjoy my boys. I'd love to say sleep-----but they are up at the crack of dawn... and that's on good days!!!!!!!
3. Organize our basement to have a workspace area for all the
4. Maybe find time to read.... to catch up on the crazes out there right now. I'm really behind on everything. I need to read the Hunger Games. (At least I've read the Twilight books-so I'm not THAT far behind)....
5. And I would just love to fill my summer bucket with sand........ I can hear the beach calling my name. (Or is it me screaming my kids' names.... ah, either way-the beach always makes me happy-whether I can actually relax, or if I'm chasing kids in or out of the water or off other people's blankets... or away from the seagulls... etc... etc.) :)
Ahhhhhhh..... summer. It's so close, yet so far away! There's so much to do before it comes! Testing, personal day, field trip.... "fun" days.....
Head over to Teri's site to check out all the other great bucket lists! My list is just going to keep on growing and growing! :)