Sunday, May 18, 2014

Magical Fairy Tale Fun! {OVERLOAD!!}

I have SO much to share with you about our Fairytale unit we just wrapped up!  I just updated my Fairy Tale pack with all the goods you're about to see!


Jack and the Beanstalk addition-craft and writing (I always incorporate academics with my crafts!) ;)  Students answered the question-"Would you climb the beanstalk?"





Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
Fun new bulletin board!  Turned the kiddos' pictures into bears-they created them, I'm not always a fan of "cookie cutter" crafts.  We brainstormed ideas of what Goldilocks could get into in the classroom and came up with more things than students.  Each student picked one (all different) and wrote in a speech bubble.  I turned myself into "Goldilocks" to add to the "fun" of the display!





Three Pigs
 New Worksheet-where kids create 3 different houses using different materials and circle whether it is "weak," "okay" or "strong."





Fun display too!  My coworker created this for her display.  Turned the kids into "pigs" and they came up with reasons why the wolf can't come in (the last house).  James Marshall's version works well with this as the last pig makes excuses as to why the wolf can't come in.




Last, but certainly not least!  We wrapped up the unit for our Open House displays!  Each of us took a different fairy tale and created the display.  (I showed you 2).  On the kids' desks, I had a "portfolio" that had their picture on the front with a crown on.  Inside were various pages I kept from each fairytale we read and did together.




I also had the kids create themselves with poster board.   I printed out their pictures 8X10 size.  I traced the kids hands and feet on the poster board.  The students had to connect the head, hands and feet to make little bodies!  They were quite hilarious!  Of course we added a crown to their heads again.



I did save the best for last.  I created a "fairytale photo booth!"  (Included in the pack is 3 pigs and goldilocks.  I found crowns online to copy and trace--but could not create them myself right now.  Speech bubbles are included as well for all.)







All of this is updated in my Fairytale packet!  {Which also includes lots of goodies that I blogged about last year-including adding some nonfiction research on WOLVES!  My kids ate that up!}  If you have purchased this already, please go to your purchases on TPT to get the updated packet! 

Last, but not least, I've just uploaded a fun twist on the end of year memory book!  Fairy Tale Themed!








You can find it {HERE}



3 comments :

  1. An off topic question: How do you make the round corners? What program do you use? :)

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ideas there. Will have to remember them for next year! I bet those end of year memory books are going to look great. Thanks for sharing!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Goldilocks activity!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...