Thursday, May 1, 2014

Responding to Art-Writing station freebie!

I've been using this since I've started teaching, oh... 12-13 years ago.  It's so easy to use, and it teaches SO much!  Looking closely, thinking deeply.  WRITING!  And working on that fine motor skills that our littles seem to lack more and more of each year coming into first.

The past few years, I have been using it as something special, instead of having out all the time.  We have a fantastic day of "arts" at our school, so I use it around that time to create a fab bulletin board.

What is it?!  Responding To Art.  Show students a picture or many pictures.  They choose one and recreate it.  Then they write about it.  It can be about what they see in the picture to how it makes them feel.  Check out a few examples:









If you'd like to give it a try, it's pretty low maintenance.  You can easily find artwork online to print, however, I like to find postcards to use.  They are more durable, but they can be a little harder to find than printing something off the computer.  As a station, I would keep 1-2 pictures out for the week or 2 and students can choose to work on it during that time, if they wish.  (I have a ton of other options that are out too, so they don't all flock to that all the time.. just in the beginning)  Click {HERE} to grab a copy of the recording sheet!



*If you use it as a lesson, I took about 30-45 minutes for the drawing and writing portion.  I used pictures that I found from a book that I got at a discount book store called Baby Einstein ABC's of Art



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...