Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Missing Addends Game-Freebie!

So, if you hadn't read about my feather headband missing addends game---you can read about it {here}.

About a day after I posted it, I had this HUGE idea----that I have just been DYING to share with you all!  I've finally been able to finish it (not that it was THAT big---when you see the pack, it's not) but the idea is just SO cute.  And I tested it out with my kiddos today-and it was a HIGE success!

The gist-2 students will be Rudolph and one will be "santa" or the "elf" whatever you may want to call it.  The Rudolphs will sit "elbow to elbow, knee to knee" facing Santa.  They will pick up a nose that is numbered (but face down, so you can't see the number) and hold it to their nose.  Santa will add the numbers together (in his/her head!!) and tell Rudolphs the sum.  The Rudolphs will then look at each other (NOT their numbers) and figure out what number is on their own nose!  The one who gets it the fastest--wins the noses.  When the noses are gone-whoever has the most is the new Santa!

Oh-did I mention that I added a few Santa hats too???  Check out these pics!  (even though I had to blur their faces... they were nothing but smiling, engaged kids!!!)  Sorry had to remove photos due to my district's new photo policy.  New photos will appear once I can get my little models to cooperate!



I call it my "Rudolph's Reindeer Game {Missing Addends}"  You can snag it up at my TPT store (click on the picture)


This is a game that my kids play when they finish their work (except for today when we were practicing the game).   I really do believe that when my kids come to me for math, they think all that we do is play games!  HA!  If they only knew....  ;)

I'm linking this up with Freebielicious Freebies on the First for December!  Check out that site for more awesome freebies for December!


4 comments :

  1. That is the cutest game! My second graders will love it!Thanks for sharing!
    ❤Terri
    Monkeying Around With Technology

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kiddos look like they are having a ball! :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...