Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentines-Freebies

Well, I had my first full day today---in what feels like forever.  I'm a bit jealous of all the pics out there for the 100th day.  Sad to say ours isn't until February 19th, so my festivities will not be of much help for you all this year!  ;)

I wanted to share what I'm doing for my Valentines this year in class and what I whipped up for my oldest for his at school!  Mine is a repeat from last year.  You can read about that post {HERE}  We've had 6-7 (I lost count) snow days in January alone... and I'll be going to school till just about July!  ugh.....  (and I know all about how February has major snow storms!  I was born in one!  My bday is always around President's Day...)  Fingers crossed for a mild and snow-less February (and March, while I'm at it!!!!!)  My littlest and I made these for our classes on one of our snow days.  My tip for this project is at the end of the school year, collect all the crayons from the kids....  BONUS!  Have them peel the crayons before giving them to you.  My class LOVED doing this last year, and it was super quiet while they did it... almost therapeutic!  haha!



Here's what I whipped up for my oldest.  He just got that Rainbow Loom for the holidays.  Of course, he doesn't like to stay in one place for very long... so I talked him into making his classmates bracelets for Valentine's Day.  After explaining to him how it's a nice gesture making things for others because it means you were thinking of them......  He made his bracelets.  (Of course, they are the VERY basic... cause, it's what I would expect of him!  lol  I feel like I need to add that he is in his school's gifted program... so he is smart---but he's a "work smarter, not HARDER" kind of kid...)  I created this little card to use.  I punched a hole (with a heart hole puncher of course!  That's how I roll!) and we attached the bracelets through the hole!  All he needs to do now is write everyone's names!  I LOVE how it turned out! 



If you'd like a copy of these cards, click on the picture below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByB-1HaFtKDwNVpGU1FrSnJ3RzQ/edit?usp=sharing


Happy Valentine's Day friends!  I hope to have more things to share soon... that is, if we can just get this winter OVER WITH!!!!  



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...