Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tuesday Link Up

 Okay, so I missed Monday... :(  Almost missed Tuesday!  This will be short and sweet.  I wanted to let you know, if you don't already, about this fabulous site called Sign Up Genius!  The site really is GENIUS!  It has saved my life with coordinating parent volunteers to getting donations for class projects!  It's free and SUPER easy to use!  Click on the pic to go take a peek!


Ways I used it:
Donations and volunteers for our Harvest Party
Donations for items for my 5 senses unit that I did (needed random items like cotton balls to rice)
Parent Volunteers for our First Grade Field day (needed parents to run games)
Parent sign up for having lunch with their first grader (on field day)

This year, I'll use it the same plus-add times for parents to sign up to be Mystery Readers!  It'll save me a TON of time by having the slots out there and parents can just choose what works best for them!  Oh, and the site can send a reminder email!  Woohoo!

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out Blog Hopping for more great ideas too!  (click on the picture at the top of the page) Don't forget to check out my amazing Lia Sophia Giveaway that is going on NOW!  You could win a free piece of jewelry (up to $100!!!!!)  Read about it here!!!!

2 comments :

  1. Hey, I found your blog on the Blog Hop. I also just learned about SignUpGenius from another Tech Tip Tuesday and I am in love with it! Our school is big on parent volunteers and I can see this being used a million and one ways. I can't wait to share it with my teachers! BTW I'm your newest follower.

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I have found some great ideas to use with my class. Im your newest follower. Below is a link to my blog.
    Latoya
    Flying Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...