Thursday, August 23, 2012

Therapeutic Thursday Link Up


 So what do you do to de-stress during the year?  Two years ago I found a great app called "Couch to 5K" where it gets you ready to run a 5K.  I found it to be awesome for stress relieving.  (However, I didn't make it past week 3, cause it ended up getting cold)  I would take out my baby OR the 4 year old in the jogging stroller, cause I liked the company.  Once my 4 year old turned 5 and could ride his bike without training wheels, both would go with me.  I would do this 2-3 times a week if I could and it was only for 30 minutes.  I would plan a dinner that would go into the oven for at least that amount of time and then hit the road to run.  {I also need to add that I am NOT a runner.  Yeah, I played field hockey-but running had been SO incredibly boring to me.  This app also plays music while I run that I choose.  There's also a voice that tells me to walk, or run, or that I'm half way done!)

View the app that I have HERE  (I couldn't get the pic to copy for me...)  It's called Ease into 5K now.

Then last year started, and I lost track of how to find time to run.  I also found last year to be extremely stressful.  I am finding a hard time balancing teaching first graders, while also having kids at home the same age.  So, I started to reflect a little this summer, and I think that I need to try this app again, finding time at least 2-3 times a week.

Another stress-relieving thing I like to do is drive home (well, to pick up the kids-but they are a 20-30 minute drive) and turn the music up loud!  I drive a lot of back roads, so I don't have to worry about looking funny!  lol

Last, I love to have retail therapy!  But, oh man... that can really hurt the wallet!  I'm a bargain shopper and love to find deals at CVS and grocery stores, but had lost time to do that too, once I had number 2!  I've currently fallen in love (a little later than most teachers!) with the LOFT!  Where the heck have I been on these deals?  We even have  LOFT outlet near us, and I actually get BETTER deals at the real store at the mall!

I can't wait to find new ways to de-stress.  I think the key is to find time for myself.  I start to feel a little guilty when school comes around because I feel like if I take time for myself, I'm missing time spent with my kids.  I need to come to the realization (and BELIEVE IT) that I need that time to myself to ENJOY my family and life more.  I'd really like to find a ZUMBA class that is at a convenient time (not to mention find some ZUMBA buddies!  It's always more fun with a friend.)

Speaking of retail therapy----make sure you enter to win a free piece of jewelry of YOUR choice (up to $100!) from Lia Sophia!   My awesome friend just started selling (who was a teacher who is now a Dean of Students at another district-cause she's THAT awesome!)  Check out my post HERE or on the pic to enter and read about it.

 What could be better than winning some new 'bling' for back to school?!

Thanks for hopping by!  Make sure you check out the other fabulous blogs for their tips for relaxing!  Click on the picture at the top to take you there!

3 comments :

  1. Zumba is definitely better with friends, but I love it! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about the couch to 5K thing...just got to do it. Thanks for linking the app..I'll have to look into it. Zumba is great!! Especially with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I especially like your idea of taking your drive time to blast some of your favorite music ;). This is my #1 stress-relief although I do it at home and try to dance in my living room. Also, the running sounds really good for you too. Best of luck in the new school year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...