There's two linkys out there that are similar so, I'm mixing the two so you can get to know me a little better! I always like reading about others in bloggy land---hopefully this will entertain? enlighten? idk?
Tell Me More, Tell Me More....
In no particular order, other than it's what came into my brain as I was typing.... :)
1. I'm an only child. While I had a great childhood and wasn't one of those stereotypical only children who are spoiled, etc.... I HATED IT! I love my parents dearly. They did a lot for me, and I was even allowed to take friends on vacations as I got older, but I would have loved a sibling! Now that I'm married, one thing I knew for sure was that I was going to have at LEAST 2 kids! :P
2. Speaking of kids. My first one, who's 6 now, came a month early. I left school early one day (I apparently had a small, slow "leak") and didn't come back. My friends laughed at me at how laid back I was. The nurses were amazed at my "perkiness" afterwards too! lol. My second child was 6 days late. I even worked in the classroom 4 days late.... but I just couldn't do it after that. Both boys are a month apart (4 years apart). My first was March 15, my second was April 15! (One of my BFF's daughter was born on July 15th!) Do I dare even think of trying again?! How cool would a May 15th be?! :P
3. I twirled baton and danced for over 20 years! I performed in the Citrus Bowl halftime show (back when it was the Citrus Bowl..) twice. I absolutely loved teaching and choreographing routines for 3 year olds! I also loved choreographing routines/half time show in college too! I had 2 years at "head majorette" where I got to create the routines we did! I miss it greatly, having two boys....
4. I am a frugal, savvy shopper! I have been known in the past to be one of those people who goes into a store and buys like $200 worth of stuff for like $10. Now that I have started blogging, working on things for TPT and of course have 2 young boys-----I'm lucky to even USE a coupon......... it pains me each time I go shopping and don't use a coupon--but I'll get back to it one day!
5. I do not drink coffee! But have like $40 worth of gift cards to Starbucks! HOWEVER I do love their white hot chocolate---and use the gift cards on that!
6. I HATE feet. (but need to have polished toes) :) Enuff said on that! Ewwww......
7. I have a memory that will not let me forget things. I'm up all the time and am lucky to get a few hours of sleep at night. And if my memory doesn't keep me up----my "to-do" list grows instead!
8. I love to travel, but HATE flying. I hated flying before 9-11, but that gave me more fear! My hubby and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon in 2003----and we were on this small 20 seater plane from Aruba to Puerto Rico and I did not get to sit with my hubs, but instead in my little row of 3---a broken seat by the window and a foreigner male in the middle, who held onto a rosemary bead cross the whole time chanting and praying.... I thought we were going down...... I have since flown to Disney twice and that's it.
9. I was a drummer all throughout school! From 4th grade on. I was the only girl for most of that time. I did not participate in the Marching Band in HS, but did in the Concert Band.
10. I met my husband at Zany Brainy. (Any of y'all ever shop there WAAAAYYY back?!) He's not a teacher, but in business. He went to the same college as me, but if it weren't for Zany Brainy, we would have never met.
11. I'm a verbal processor. I'm one of "those" students who talks. BUT what you might not know about those learners is that I might be talking, but it's usually taking in the info and processing it. It is a weakness of mine and something I'm not quite sure how to overcome, as it has gotten me in trouble.... even as an adult.... :( I do know to sit by the back/sides and to sit with people who know this about me and are okay with it :) I have great friends and coworkers! :) The hypocrite in me though---it bugs me to death when my 6 year old does it! He's totally like his mama in that aspect.... I can only hope he has understanding teachers throughout school.
12. I can usually name that tune in 5 seconds! I love music---all kinds!
13. I have been going to Target at least one time a week this summer. I'm even more dangerous when I have my kids with me (which is every time) because I just throw it in the cart and go! My hubby and wallet will be quite relieved when I go back to school!!!! ha ha!
Well, I'm not sure that was all that interesting, but it's what came to mind! I gotta clean off my computer desktop now. I'm handing it in to get a new one in a few days and am a little embarrassed as to what my desktop looks like with all the downloading I've been doing!!! oops! :) It's also the reason for lack of pictures in the post too....
Okay, so I'm NOT quite a newbie anymore.... BUT I haven't been blogging that long and still am learning quite a bit! (I still consider myself to be new) I thought I would join this Newbie Blog Hop over at Grade Three is the Place to Be.
I'm a blogger from PA! There are so many bloggers from around the world really, and there doesn't seem to be many from PA! Come out, come out, where ever you are!!!!! ;)
2. Current Teaching Position
First grade. I also used to teach full day kindergarten. This is my 10th year teaching! WOW! Time flies!
3. Teaching Experience-
oops. Answered some of that in the last question! Before my teaching positions, I was a long term substitute. I also taught baton and dance to kiddos for quite a long time at a baton studio that I also attended for over 20 years!
4. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging mid January.
5. A blogging tip
Take off your robot comment thingy! If there is spam, you can delete it easily and also report it. It is a lot easier for other fellow bloggers to comment without always having to "verify" that they are a "human!" (Plus, half of the time humans can't figure out what it is either!) :P
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY 300TH FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY! CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO READ ALL ABOUT IT! :)
Thanks for reading! Join up to so we can get to know you too!!!